Saturday 15 May 2010

Recall

We have been working on recall. Kizzie walks, I call her back and give her a treat, she walks off again. Most of the time when I call her, she comes back, I have tiny pieces of sausage with me for those occasions when playing with another dog is preferable to coming to me. (She is part labrador after all)
For weeks now a couple of times a day I have blown a short toot on a whistle and given Kizzie a treat. Today Kizzie took off after a GSD and didn't hear me calling her back. One toot on the whistle and she stopped running, then I called "Kizzie, sausage" and she came flying back. Kizzie makes it seem so easy :)
On a sad note, the chicken lost it's squeak. Kizzie now has two, one sqawks and the other wheezes. Guess which one is well hidden when we try to watch the tv?

No comments:

Post a Comment