Friday 29 July 2011

I don't like dog food manufacturers

Royal Canin have withdrawn Kizzie's special fish diet food.  Or rather they have replaced the blue whiting with duck!!!
I have spent ages trawling the net looking for a fish based food, found several but most have the sneaky addition of chicken meal or dried egg in the ingredients list and Kizzie is allergic to both.  Deep Sigh.
James Welbeloved make an ocean fish and vegetables variety, no meat, no eggs, no grain.  Whippee.  I ordered a bag and Kizzie rather likes it.  I have been giving her a little mixed with the RC every day and the first three days were fine, then on day 4 Kiz produced a rather loose, extremely stinky poop :(

In the meantime the little blighter has found something new to roll in on our daily walk.  So I come home and am moaning to Brian about the pong and he says, quite casually "that will be the pigeon - they were running around pulling it apart the other day" !!!!!  No wonder she has got the runs, long dead pigeon would give anyone the blooming runs. Rant rant.

Anyway the poops are now back to normal and she is still loving the food so with any luck all will be well.  This kibble is cheaper than the RC one too so more dosh for me :)

So, last night I took the little darlings out for their walk.  Murphy ran around holding his ball and being an angel whilst the hooligan ran straight to the stinky area and had a roll.  I ran after her yelling stuff loosely translated as "you animal, drop it, come back here".  Kizzie came running back, chomping rapidly on something.  It was a leg I believe, I definately saw a foot sticking out of her mouth.  Then she gulped it down.

It can't possibly be my turn to pick up the poop today.

1 comment:

  1. Wendy, your writing style is fabulous! Made me laugh out loud. Glad in the end all is well with the dog food, still smiling over the leg hanging out of her mouth....

    ReplyDelete