Monday 19 April 2010

Kizzie's weekend


Brian and I drove South to attend Emma's wedding, Kizzie stayed with Maz, Jan and Ellie. To read about her weekend see http://ellie-collie.blogspot.com/
Poor Maz had some cleaning up to do.
When it was time to bring Kizzie home, she escaped from me and had a whale of a time running around in the road outside Maz's home. Lovely Kizz will come when we call her, unfortunately her sense of humour outstrips her sense of duty. She came fine, but she swerved around me and ran off again. Over and over. Eventually Maz's intelligence outstripped hers and she was rounded up.
It is lovely to have my girl back, at this moment she is fast asleep under my chair. My task is to find the right class so that I can learn how to teach Kizzie to be the best she can be. I do sometimes wonder if I am good enough for this beautiful, bright and clever dog.

I think it might be time for a new bed too.

2 comments:

  1. I'm sure you are good enough. I'd strongly recommend the book, '101 Dog Tricks' by Kyra Sundance (Available on Amazon), to keep Kizzie's eager brain working until you can perhaps get some guidance from the talented Hetty Van Hassel.

    I'll just echo again what I mentioned earlier; I think Kizzie has huge potential - she has all of the required attributes and will only get better as each month passes. You should be very proud to own her - she's great.

    I hope to see her again in the future. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely a new bed needed! What a wonderful tribute to Kizzie on Maz's blog :o) I'm sure you and Kizzie will have a wonderful time learning together.

    ReplyDelete