Saturday 2 January 2016

January 2015

Kizzie is all grown up.






Some habits die hard, she still likes to help to load the dishwasher




She still loves her blankie.


The training has gone really well.  Kizzie's communication skills have grown from strength to strength.  Even new visitors are taught stuff.  She first greats people appropriately (in her opinion) then shows them where the treats are kept.  She will then sit by the treats and wait patiently for one.  If the visitor doesn't understand, she nudges them, walks back to the treats and sits.  Then she looks at the visitor, looks at the treats.  If this doesn't work she does it again until the lesson is learned.  It has never failed.  (if you are wondering, Murphy simply waits to one side until the lesson is learned, then he steps forward for his treat)


I have been taught when it is time to get up. Kizzie jumps on the bed, lays next to me,  wraps her paws around my neck and snuggles.  She pushes her head into mine and says numnumnumnum. The she holds me still and washes my face.  (Murphy lays on my legs helping and washes my hands.)  I eventually am allowed to sit up, drink my tea and read email on my ipad.  They go off to watch for the postman and stuff.  The moment I close the cover on the ipad, Kizzie comes running, and the numnumnumnum, cuddles and face washing repeats.  She snuggles and cuddles and it is really really hard to find the will to get out of bed. 


The first thing we do every day is go for our walk.  We have several routes and I sometimes get to chose which way we go.  We meet people (sometimes she ignores everyone, and sometimes she lets people stroke her), we meet dogs (if she feels like it she has a run around and a play, if not, then she walks straight past).  Kizzie ignores cycles, joggers and is so well behaved I could bust with pride.  Sometimes she sees a cat.  I honestly don't mind the view from the inside of a bush.  She likes to lull me into a false sense of security, I walk along thinking how grown up and beautifully behaved Kiz is, then she finds a dead hedgehog.  I can cope with the mud, I can wash off bit of stinky dead hedgehog but I really really don't like fleas. 






Back from the walk, Kizzie snoozes whilst I tidy up. 




Sometimes she even sleeps in her bed. 




It has been a wonderful six years



















5 comments:

  1. She's a beauty and so well behaved and loving, it makes me cry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They make me feel all warm and fuzzy, they also make me laugh out loud daily

      Delete
  2. Isn't she gorgeous? Oh my. I wonder what it's like to have a well-behaved dog...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. define well behaved? I love mine exactly as they are and I know you do too. Where's the fun in characterless robots...

      Delete
  3. Oh these are WONDERFUL posts and photos. I miss Kizzie *and you a bit -- ha) very much!

    ReplyDelete