Monday 4 April 2011

Agile - not me

First Agility class tonight.  Outside in the field for the first class since September.  We know several of the other dogs and humans so it wasn't so scary.  Hahahahaha

Kizzie loves the training classes and as soon as we aproached the field she started whining to get out of the car.  I was dragged into the field, my arm almost out of the socket.  It was sooo exciting.  Smells to sniff, dogs to investigate and sheep in the field next door.  But mostly the smells.  There was a sharp cross wind so I was trussed up like I don't know what, I had my plantpot hat on, fleece and rainproof jacket and gloves.  I could hardly move but at least my ears were warm.

We started with the hurdles.  No problem, Kizzie jumped over the hurdles.  Not necessarily in the right order, but lets not split hairs.  One jump fine, then a couple of minutes sniffing the grass, wander over there because that smells like the most fantastic blade of grass ever grown.  Mosie back and jump over the next hurdle - Oh would you smell that, and that and what's that over there.....Last hurdle and now lets go for a little trot around the field.   I am proud of the fact she came back when I called her.  We had an audience of three, (they bring chairs) periodically they gave a round of applause, not for the best achiever, rather for the most entertaining!

The tunnel we have been introduced to before, no problem - Kizzie likes the tunnel.  There were only 6 of us so we lined up and kept going through at quite a pace.  Then Kizzie held everyone up while she stopped for a poo.  I would have waved everyone on, but Kizzie squatted right in front of the entrance to the tunnel.  Another round of applause for us.

I looked at the weaving poles and wondered how on earth I was going to convince Kiz to go through those.  You wouldn't believe it,  I waved a fish biscuit in front of her nose and she followed it like a star.  Kizzie CAN DO weaves :):):)

We did a spot of touching the tile, Kizzie was the best at that, all she had to do was walk up to it and eat the biscuit.

We had fun, we entertained the trio, (we got several rounds of applause) we will go back next week.  Kizzie didn't want to come home, there were at least 10 blades of grass she hadn't sniffed, especially over by the hut, she followed her nose then looked up.  She ran for the gate,  dragging me behind her.  We left as we entered.  Adrian promised to introduce Kizzie to Zeb the horse so she won't be so scared in future :)

In mitigation, my beautiful girl is willing, I am incompetent and the only treats we had were her boring old kibble and 1/2 dozen fish biscuits the size of a penny.  And at least I didn't lose the bag of poo on the way out.....

No comments:

Post a Comment