Thursday 17 January 2013

thunder and stuff

I woke up this morning to the sound of thunder.  hmm, actually it was the sound of the hooligans thundering up the stairs.  I just had time to clamp my mouth shut before Murphy jumped on me and began the morning wash.  Once my face was cleaned to his satisfaction, he lay curled up next to me with his head on my ankles.
In the meantime, Kizzie had setlled next to my head, her paws wrapped around my neck and her face nuzzled into my shoulder.  She carefully washed those places Murphy had missed and then snuggled, making am ummmmming sound.
Although a cup of tea had magically appeared on my bed side table I didn't care to move so we all snuggled together for 5 minutes until I gave in and sat up.  The cup of tea was lovely.

Isn't life just perfect sometimes :)

I did get up eventually and have spent the last hour emptying the utility room because there was a peculiar pooy pong in there.  All surfaces were cleared and scrubbed.  Shoes cleaned.  Washing machine and tumbler pulled out and cleaned behind.  Sigh.  There is still a pong.  I am washing all the coats (theirs and ours) right now and will wash the rug later. 

Hooligans have had a walk and are laying within touching distance of me, fast asleep.

Life is still pretty perfect

No comments:

Post a Comment