Wednesday 29 September 2010

The deed is done

Kizzie had her op yesterday.  No puppies for us ever. 

What a worry.  We picked her up at 4 in the afternoon and she slept, and slept.  I woke her at about 6 to give her a tablespoon of id meat, then again at 8.  She had a nice drink of water and went back to sleep.  Then she started to get cold.  We led her into her crate, wrapped her in a blanket and directed a fan heater towards her.  She warmed up but still slept on. 

I lay on a blanket on the floor by her crate.  She crept towards me, put her head next to mine, her paw on my hand and went back to sleep.  At around 3am, Kizzie came out of her crate, lay next to me on my blanket, then stretched her legs and pushed me onto the bare floor, there's gratitude for you!

I never realised just how comfy our kitchen sofa is.  I think my back would have sighed with pleasure if a back could do such a thing. 

Brian came down at 4, so I went to bed and got some sleep.  By the time I came down at 9, Kizzie had eaten some breakfast, taken her pain relief tablet without incident and been out for a wee.  She slept until about 2 this afternoon, and then decided she was bored.  It stopped raining so we had a little walk around the block. 

Crisis over, Kizzie is fine.  I am tired, I ache, I have just eaten 2 bars of chocolate to get my strength up, Kizzie is lying under my desk as I am writing this and sadly, she has wind....

No comments:

Post a Comment